Casting Oculus Quest to your television is one of the best ways to allow your family and friends to partake in your virtual reality adventures.
Occasionally, virtual reality is a one-person interaction where the user is restricted to a headset and secluded from the rest of the world.
Casting differs according to the television brand. Therefore, how do you cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG television?
You can Cast Oculus Quest 2 to an LG television using your Headset or a smartphone. Also, you can Cast directly through the WebOs browser. In addition, LG televisions support Chromecast devices and Airplay, giving you various options when casting Oculus Quest 2 on your LG television.
Can You Cast Directly From Oculus Quest 2 to an LG Television?
LG televisions do not have an in-built Chromecast but have built-in features that retain Chromecast functions, such as the smart-smart share feature.
LG televisions are compatible with Chromecast. You can attach an external Chromecast device to your LG tv for casting.
LG televisions give access to external Chromecast devices, which allows you to cast Oculus into your LG television without having to mirror from a phone.
Oculus Quest 2 has functional elements that allow you to cast to your LG television, provided you have Chromecast attached to the appliance.
There are a couple of requirements that will guarantee you to cast Quest 2 on your LG television, and the most crucial is a device that can cast.
And any gadget used for streaming that is compatible with Chromecast will work, given that both devices are connected to the same network.
It is also important to note that any smart television with an HDMI port is suitable for use with Chromecast.
LG televisions have an inbuilt mirroring feature called the Miracast, which allows you to screen share content.
While both Miracast and Chromecast appear to have the same functionality, the two devices have differences.
Some of the differences between Miracast and Chromecast are in the table below:
|Miracast is not a media player.||Chromecast is a media player and a screen mirroring gadget.|
|Miracast is designed to function offline.||Chromecast requires an active internet connection to function.|
|Miracast is inbuilt into most laptops, smart televisions, and phones.||Chromecast is absent from most gadgets and must be bought.|
|The device does not work with Apple devices.||Chromecast functions with Apple devices.|
How Do I Cast Oculus Quest 2 on My LG Television?
There are different ways to cast Oculus Quest 2 on your LG television. You can use the Headset, an android phone, or an iOS device to cast Quest 2 on your LG television.
#1. How to Cast Using a Headset
- First, open your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- Check the right side of the screen and click on Utility Panel.
- Make use of the controller to choose the Cast to option.
- A pop-up list will appear. Choose your LG television and select the Next option.
- You will be notified when Oculus starts casting to your LG television.
- The notice will read, the Headset Casting Started.
#2. How to Cast Using an Android Phone
- Ensure all devices are connected to the same network.
- Start by pressing the Cable button on your LG remote control.
- A menu will pop up on the screen where you will swipe down and choose the Screen Share option.
- Check the top right side of the screen and turn on the Listen Mode.
- This action will permit Screen Sharing on your LG television.
- Open the Oculus Quest 2 application on your phone.
- Check your screen and click on the headset Wifi waves-shaped icon.
- Grant permission from your Oculus application to connect to gadgets on your local network.
- Choose Ok and click to Cast From your Headset to your LG television.
- Choose start to begin casting Oculus on your television.
#3. How to Cast Using iOS Devices
- First, connect all your devices to the same network and enable Airplay on your LG television.
- You will be able to turn on Airplay under the home dashboard menu.
- With Oculus Quest 2 installed on your device, open the application.
- Check and choose the Headset with the Wifi waves icon.
- Choose to cast from your Headset to your LG television.
- Once you select the Start option, Oculus will start casting on your LG television.
Can You Connect Oculus Quest 2 to an LG Television Without Chromecast?
You can connect Oculus Quest 2 to an LG television without Chromecast. Although casting content to your Oculus Quest is most common through Chromecast.
There are a few methods to connect Oculus to your LG television without Chromecast. This method gives you the same results as followed correctly.
Most Oculus-ready gadgets contain the Oculus application. The application allows you to cast content on your television.
You need to open the application and choose the Oculus Quest content you desire to cast, and select start casting.
LG televisions support Airplay. Even without a Chromecast, you can connect Quest 2 to your LG using the Airplay feature on iOS gadgets.
In the absence of Chromecast, you can use the chrome browser to connect Oculus Quest to your LG television. However, there are better methods.
Also, other third-party applications allow you to cast content from your Oculus Quest to your television. One such application is the VLC for Androids.
One of the most familiar ways to connect Oculus Quest 2 to your LG television is by casting to your phone and then mirroring the content to your television.
- Put on your Quest virtual reality headset, phone, and LG television. Ensure all three devices are connected to the same Wifi.
- After downloading and installing the Oculus application on your phone, connect the same to your Headset.
- Now Headset will cast content to your phone.
- Lastly, mirror content to your LG television using any mirroring application on your phone.
It is important to note that you can get and connect a Chromecast to your television once your appliance is compatible with Chromecast.
Why Is Oculus Quest 2 Not Casting to My LG Television?
Many factors play out when casting Oculus Quest 2 on your LG television, and a little glitch in any of the factors will cause Quest 2 not to be cast on your television.
Some specificities come with all the devices connected when casting Oculus to your television.
There could be a mix-up anywhere when carrying out the process, which will fail Oculus Quest to cast to your LG television.
Some factors that will cause Oculus Quest 2 not to be cast to your LG television include the following.
The Internet connection is one of the essential elements when casting Oculus into your television.
Aside from the fact that you need a strong and fast Internet connection, you must connect all your devices to the same network.
As such, Oculus Quest won’t cast when your network is poor and the devices are not connected to the same network.
Also, when the Bluetooth and Location of your phone are off, Oculus will not cast.
#2. Outdated Devices
Oculus Quest 2 will not cast to your LG television if any of the appliances are outdated. And in a situation where casting happens, you will surely experience malfunctioning.
Devices and applications are continually updated to enhance user experience.
As such, it is recommended that you always ensure your devices and the application you intend to run are up to date before you start the casting process.
Oculus Quest 2 will not cast to your LG television if the model is incompatible with Quest 2.
Generally, it is only some applications that are compatible with Quest 2. However, you can always check and confirm if the application you want to run is compatible with Quest 2.
#4. Temporary Software Malfunction
There could be a momentary glitch with your Oculus Quest software, and this will cause Quest not to cast to your television.
In a situation where your Quest 2 memory gets deterred or there is a clogging of the applications you have opened, Quest 2 will be bound to malfunction.
#5. How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 Not Casting to My LG Television
A connectivity issue is one of the most prevalent causes of Quest 2 not casting.
If all your connections are correct, you can try the following to resolve Quest 2 not casting to your LG television.
- Power cycle the Headset and the gadget you are casting to, and try relaunching the devices.
- Check for possible updates on your devices if you have been trying to cast Quest to an outdated device.
- Check and confirm that your router is within range and the network is vital.
- Enable your smartphone Bluetooth and location if you are casting through your phone.
- Try using another method to cast Oculus into your LG television if a particular method fails to work.
LG televisions are compatible with Chromecast, and although they lack an in-built Chromecast, you can attach an external Chromecast when casting Oculus.
Also, you can cast Oculus Quest 2 to your LG television using your Android smartphone or any iOS device because they support Airplay.