There are several icons on a Samsung refrigerator with symbols that have specific meanings. These symbols include plug, water, filter, and snowflake symbol.
Some symbols light up independently, and some do when you click them.
Therefore, it is necessary to be aware of the function of each symbol to get maximum control over your refrigerator.
The plug symbol indicates energy saving in the fridge, the water symbol indicates water dispensing, and the water filter symbol indicates how long you have used the water filter. Finally, the snowflake symbol indicates freeze mode in your fridge.
In this article, you’ll learn about the specific meanings of each symbol on your Samsung refrigerator and how to read error codes on the fridge.
What Does the Plug Symbol Represent on a Samsung Fridge?
The plug symbol is known as the energy saver icon. The symbol looks like a plug attached to a light bulb.
When you click the button where the plug symbol is, the refrigerator switches to energy-saving mode; you refrain from using this mode if you notice condensation.
Condensation occurs in your refrigerator when the warm-laden air cools. Therefore, you will notice a lot of moisture if condensation occurs in your refrigerator.
Here are ways to prevent condensation in your refrigerator:
- First, place your refrigerator in a place with the appropriate temperature. Then, check your user manual to find the best temperature for your refrigerator.
- Avoid locations that are too humid because it can cause condensation in your refrigerator.
- Check your refrigerator for any gaps or cracks. Keep the temperature inside the refrigerator from influencing the cold air inside.
- Make sure the door for your refrigerator seals properly. If your door refuses to seal correctly, clean the seal with a soft cloth and warm water.
- If your door seal is loose or cracked, you will need to get it repaired or replaced.
- Avoid opening your refrigerator frequently. If you frequently open your refrigerator door, the air from outside will get in and cause condensation.
- Make sure the temperature setting in your refrigerator is correct. For example, you should set your fridge around 4 to 5 degrees, and the freezer should be around -18 degrees.
- Refrain from placing too many hot foods into your refrigerator. Also, ensure that the food you’re about to put in your refrigerator is at room temperature.
- Wrap or seal foods with moisture properly before placing them in your refrigerator. The moisture can contribute to the moisture formation in your refrigerator.
- Always make sure that your refrigerator is clean inside and out.
What Does the Water Symbol Represent on a Samsung Fridge?
When lit, the water symbol on your Samsung fridge indicates that the dispenser is ready to give you filtered water.
The water symbol shows a glass with a water droplet in the middle. The glass has a small amount of water at the bottom. You will encounter some common problems when dispensing water from your refrigerator.
Here are some of these problems and how to fix them:
#1. Water Not Dispensing Well,
Here are troubleshooting steps to try out when your dispenser is not dispensing well:
- Ensure that the control lock is not on when water is selected.
- Try to dispense water without the water filter. If the water dispenses, change the water filter, and if it does not, check if you correctly installed the water line to the fridge.
- Purge air from the water line. Hold the dispenser lever to purge air from the water line and try to dispense water for 5 minutes.
#2. Water Dispensers Slowly
Here are troubleshooting methods to try out when your dispenser is dispensing water slowly:
- First, remove the water filter and try dispensing water.
- Then, if you notice holes in your water line, get it replaced
- Refrigerators usually require a water pressure of 30 psi to function. To increase the water pressure in your refrigerator, open the home’s water supply more.
#3. Water From the Dispenser Is Warm or Tastes Bad
If the dispenser’s water is warm, you have used up the cold water in the reservoir. The reservoir typically holds up to 2-4 glasses.
You’ll have to wait for it to get filled up again. If the water from the dispenser tastes terrible, try replacing the filter.
If it still tastes bad after replacing the filter, then the problem must be from your water supply.
What Does the Filter Symbol Indicate on a Samsung Refrigerator?
The filter symbol on a Samsung refrigerator indicates how long you have used your water filter.
You must replace your water filter every six months to maintain the pure and filtered water you take.
The water filter symbol is square-like with dots and a water droplet at the bottom. The water filter symbol reminds you about replacing the water filter. The water filter symbol displays specific colors that have different meanings.
Here is a table to show the color your water filter symbol can display and their meanings:
|Color Indications on the Water Filter Symbol
|You recently installed the water filter
|You have used the water filter for up to five months
|You have used the water filter for up to six months and need to replace it.
You must replace your water filter every six months to prevent your water from tasting weird.
If you need to replace your water filter, here are steps to replace the water filter for different Samsung refrigerator models.
#1. RSG5UCRS Samsung Refrigerator
RSG5UCRS Samsung refrigerator models differ in terms of water filters. Some Samsung refrigerators have internal water filters, while some have external filters.
Here is how to replace your RSG5UCRS water filter if it is internal:
- First, unlock the old water filter by twisting it forty degrees to the left.
- Carefully pull out the old water filter and dispose of it.
- Please get a new water filter and push it into the vacant space.
- Twist it forty degrees to the right to lock it.
- To ensure that you placed the water filter correctly, compare the padlock symbol with the symbol on the filter.
- Reset the water filter light indicator, and press the water filter reset button for three seconds.
Here is how to replace your RSUCRS water filter if it is external:
- Turn off the water supply
- Remove the old cartridge in the system and discard it
- Make the arrow flow mark, and the water filter align towards the fridge
- Connect the outlet and inlet tubing to the appropriate end of the water filter
- Make sure the tubing is scratch-free
- Insert the filter clip. You can check for instructions in the installation manual if you need help with how to do that.
- Turn on the water supply and check if the filter leaks
- Allow water to run through the filter for about five minutes for the system to clean.
#2. DA29-00003F Samsung Refrigerator
Here are steps to replace the internal water filter in the DA29-00003F Samsung refrigerator:
- First, twist the old water filter a quarter turn to the left to unlock it.
- Carefully pull out the old water filter and dispose of it
- Please get a new one and push it into space.
- Turn the water filter a quarter turn to the right to lock it
- To ensure that you placed the water filter correctly, compare the padlock symbol with the symbol on the filter
- Press and hold the water filter rest button to rest the indicator lights.
What Does the Snowflake Symbol on a Samsung Refrigerator Indicate?
The snowflake symbol lights up when you use the freezer button. When the snowflake symbol lights up, you can choose various temperatures between -14 degrees and -23 degrees.
This feature allows you to freeze something in a shorter time than expected. The snowflake symbol looks like a hexagon with a snowflake in its middle.
How Do You Read Samsung Error Codes?
An error code will appear on your Samsung refrigerator to determine that an error has occurred. Several different error codes can pop up with different meanings.
Here are error codes that can show up in your Samsung refrigerator and their meaning:
#1. 21E-Freezer Fan Error
Your fridge will display this error code when your fan in the freezer is not rotating. #
This error occurs because of fan motor failure or the door refusing to close up because you packed too many items in the freezer.
#2. 22E, 22C-Fridge Fan Error
The fridge fan error occurs when the fan in your fridge refuses to rotate.
This error occurs because you left the door to the fridge open for too long. You can try unplugging the fridge, opening the door for a few hours, and then plugging it back to fix the error
This error code displays on your fridge when there is low voltage from the power source. This error can cause your fridge to lose power for some time.
#4. Ice Off Blinking
This error code is displayed on your fridge when you didn’t insert the ice bucket or you didn’t insert the ice bucket correctly.