Are you looking to paint your home? If so, several options for painting brands and coatings on your walls are available.
However, finding the right one for your specific project can be pretty daunting if you do not know what to look for or expect from each of them.
This article compares Sherwin Williams Cashmere vs. Superpaint so that you can get the best outcome possible with your next project.
Cashmere and SuperPaint are excellent and durable paints from Sherwin Williams, but as good as they are, they are slightly different and suitable for different purposes. For example, Superpaint offers more color suitable for interior and exterior purposes, while Cashmere only offers interior.
What Is the Difference Between Sherwin Williams Super Paint And Cashmere?
There are a few differences between Sherwin Williams’ Super Paint and Cashmere paint lines.
What Are the Features of Sherwin Williams Cashmere?
- Cashmere has a smooth, low-prickly appearance that is attractive from all sides.
- Cashmere has a silky texture. Smooth in appearance, texture, and application.
- It features a self-leveling solution that reduces the visibility of brush and roller marks.
- Cashmere is scrubbable, meaning it is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is 100% acrylic latex paint providing excellent durability and resistance to fading and chalking.
- It has a luxurious feel. It goes on smooth and feels like butter when you touch it.
- It is a water-based paint with a low odor and quick drying time.
- It has a low VOC and produces little odor, making it safe for use in rooms with poor ventilation.
- It has a nice semi-gloss finish that is perfect for high-traffic areas or rooms that need a little extra shine.
- The paint is also very resistant to stains and fading, making it a good choice for areas with a lot of wear and tear.
- Unlike other paints, it doesn’t peel or scratch easily, even after years of use.
What Are the Features of Sherwin Williams Superpaint?
- It comes in a great range of colors and has an appealing matte finish.
- It is also water-based, making it easier to clean than oil-based paints.
- It is also highly resistant to staining and fading, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas. SuperPaint also has excellent coverage, so you won’t need to worry about multiple coats.
- SuperPaint is low-VOC and environmentally friendly.
- Due to its advanced acrylic resin technology, SuperPaint has a coating resistant to dirt and mildew and has excellent adhesion and color retention.
- It’s available in a variety of sheens and colors. In addition, you can find over 1,700 SuperPaint color variations to choose from.
- It is mold- and mildew-resistant and resists peeling, cracking, blistering, chipping, and fading.
- It is suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor applications. It has excellent coverage and is durable, making it a good choice for interior and exterior painting.
- One of the primary benefits of Sherwin-Williams paints is that a lifetime warranty backs them. The company guarantees that its paints will remain original and true to color for as long as you own your home.
Do I Need Primer with Sherwin Williams Cashmere?
It depends on the surface you are painting and the condition of the surface. For example, when using Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint, you do not require a primer.
However, if you paint over a dark color or apply Cashmere to a porous surface, you should use a primer. Also, use a primer if you want to paint unfinished drywall.
If you are looking for added durability, a primer can help with that as well. Overall, using a primer with Cashmere paint is not necessary, but it may be beneficial in some situations.
For example, if you paint over brick or stucco, you should also consider using a primer on top of your paint.
A primer will act as a barrier between your previous color and the new one, making it easier to cover up darker colors without applying multiple coats of paint, giving a smooth finish.
Using primer with Sherwin Williams Cashmere is an easy way to ensure that your paint job will look great for many years.
The primer also fills in any imperfections on your wall so that they don’t become more visible after you have painted over them.
If you are applying Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint over a light color, it will not matter if you use a primer or not.
Due to how Sherwin Williams created Cashmere, it should be able to stand independently without a primer. However, if you use a primer, your result will be even better.
If you are using Sherwin Williams Cashmere on wood, you will want to use a primer first. Since wood is porous, your paint will likely peel off it if you do not prime it first.
On the other hand, you will not need a primer with Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint if you use it on a surface already in good condition.
For example, if you have a rough, textured wall, then you won’t be able to get a smooth finish without using a primer first.
You don’t have to use a primer with Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint. You can skip primer if you use paint in the same line as Sherwin Williams Cashmere or one of their sister’s paints.
All these paints should work well over dark colors, but it is always best to test before investing time and money into your project.
Overall, primer is optional when using Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint. However, you may want to consider using it in certain situations.
The best way to decide whether you need primer is to consider your current wall color and what surface you will paint on.
What Is the Price Difference Between Sherwin Williams Super Paint and Cashmere?
Like most people, you want the best paint job possible for your money. However, you may have heard of Sherwin Williams Cashmere paint and wondered if it’s worth the extra cost.
Here’s a breakdown of the difference in price between Sherwin Williams super paint and Cashmere so you can make an informed decision.
Depending on the color, Sherwin Williams SuperPaint costs $60.49 to $70.49 a gallon.
SuperPaint comes in two varieties: latex-based and air-purifying and acrylic-based and sanitizing. Both can be flat, satin, or semi-gloss.
SuperPaint Acrylic Latex Interior Paint is fabulous! It’s a primer and paints with enhanced durability. But unfortunately, it costs $60.49 for a gallon of basic SuperPaint.
SuperPaint offers a sanitizing interior latex variant, comes only in satin, and costs $67.49/gal. It kills 99.9% of pathogens.
SuperPaint Interior Acrylic costs $65.49/gal and has zero VOC. This paint can minimize formaldehyde and VOCs from carpets and furniture.
Depending on the color, Sherwin Williams’ “Cashmere” line price ranges from $60.49 to $65.49/gal on average.
Cashmere has a two-in-one primer and paint, making your project easier. In addition, this affordable line is smooth and has a velvety finish.
In summary, choosing the right paint for your home is a big decision, especially when the choice comes down to Cashmere and superpaint.
They’re both great paints but opt for Cashmere if you want something slightly cheaper and good.
Go for superpaint if you have the extra cash; it has impressive technology like air purifying and odor elimination.