Everyone wants an excellent mixer that they can use to handle every required kitchen process with minimal stress. When you find the right mixer, you will want to know everything about that mixer.
In the same way, many users of the KitchenAid Mixer have been asking about when it was made. That is what this article expounds on.
The K45 KitchenAid Mixer was made in the year, 1962. It remains part of the “K” mixer series developed for Hobart Manufacturing Company by Egmont Arens. Therefore, you can refer to the K45 Kitchenaid Mixer as the Hobart Kitchenaid mixer. However, your K45 Kitchenaid Mixer Stand model is in an entirely different year other than 1962.
What Does K45 on Kitchenaid Mixer Mean?
The figure “K45” means that your Kitchenaid Mixer can hold only 4.5 quarts of kneading input. In other words, your mixer has a 4.5 quart-sized stainless steel bowl.
There are several ways you can determine the capacity of your mixer. These steps include:
- Ensure that you check the label of the mixer.
- Ensure that you confirm if the mixer falls under the Classic series. You will confirm if the mixer has a Classic label near the logo. If the Kitchenaid mixer bowl is a Classic mixer, it is a 4.5 qt, adopting the tilt-back style. Mixer. The Kitchenaid K45 is not the only mixer with a 4.5 qt capacity.
We also have the Tilt-Head Mix Stand and the Ultra-power Tilt-Head mixer.
- Ensure you confirm that your mixer is part or not part of the Commercial 5 mixer series. If it is, then it is a K5 mixer, having the capacity to hold 5 qt of kneading input.
- Ensure you confirm that your mixer is part or not part of the Professional mixer series. If it is, then it is a K6 mixer, having the capacity to hold 6 qt of kneading input.
- Ensure that you look at the bottom of the bowl, where you notice the capacity.
What Year Was my Kitchenaid Mixer Made?
The manufacturers of the Kitchenaid stand mixer develop several models of the Kitchenaid mixer in different years.
To find out the year your mixer was made, you need to find the model number of the mixer. Take the following steps:
- Check out the model number of your mixer.
- Scan through the digits of the model number. You will uncover the date the manufacturers developed your Kitchenaid stand mixer.
- The letter indicates the year the manufacturers developed the mixer.
- The numbers indicate the week the manufacturers developed the mixer. Nevertheless, knowing the week of development is not entirely necessary.
What Size is Kitchenaid K45 Mixer?
The Kitchenaid K45 mixer is approximately 210×330×350(h)mm in size. Therefore, it also reads as 9.6×8.8×7 inches.
Note that this figure is the general dimensions of the Kitchenaid K45 mixer. To discover the actual size of your Kitchenaid K45 mixer, you need to take the following steps:
Check the label of your mixer and figure out what series it falls under. There are four series, and each has different sizes.
- The Mini has a capacity of 3.3L, which interprets as 3.5 quarts.
- The Classic has a capacity of 4.3L, which interprets as 4.5 quarts.
- The capacity has a capacity of 4.8L, which interprets as five quarts.
- The Professional has a capacity of 6.9L, which interprets as seven quarts.
You can also check the bottom of the bowl to discover the size of the mixer. On the bottom of the bowl, the size of your Kitchenaid Mixer bowl is noted.
Note that you measure the size of the Kitchenaid mixer bowl using the capacity.
How to Find the Age of Kitchenaid Mixer?
To find the age of your Kitchenaid stand mixer, you need to find the appliance’s serial number and the model number of your kitchen mixer.
The mixers of this kind follow a unique pattern. The product’s model number begins with a K. A series of letters and numbers follows this letter, indicating the name, model, and date.
The last two letters of the Stand mixer’s model number indicate the product’s color.
The model number of your Kitchenaid Mixer is normally located at the bottom of your mixer. It would be best if you turned the mixer over to see the model number and the serial number.
You must place the mixer on a soft surface and turn it carefully to prevent damaging the locking mechanism.
Please write down the model number once you identify it. After that, ensure you note the second to the fourth digits of the number.
The letter indicates the year the manufacturers developed the product. For instance, if the letter is “K,” the manufacturers developed the product in 2000. If it is “M,” the manufacturers developed the product in 2002.
If you follow the pattern carefully, you will be able to figure out the year the product was made through any letter. For instance, counting from “J,” any “P” lettered product will be a 2005 make.
In the same vein, any “R” lettered product will be a 2007 make.
To discover the week of production of your K45 mixer, check the two numbers on the model number. They indicate the week the manufacturers established the product.
For instance, if the product reads K23, the manufacturers produced it on the 23rd week of 2000. If the product reads M14, the manufacturers produced the mixer on the 14th week of 2002.
Finally, if the product reads P30, the manufacturer produced the mixer in the 30th week of 2005. This method is a very easy way to discover the age of your mixer.
However, you can contact your store if you feel these processes are too strenuous.
If you have successfully read through the entire article, you will discover that some things are necessities when picking out a Kitchenaid mixer.
These things are the date of development and the size/capacity of the mixer.
With this information, you have the edge over most of your colleagues, and technicians will not be able to cheat you when fixing up your mixer in case of any fault.