If you own any brand of Bosch refrigerator, you might be confused about which temperature is right for your freezer.
Choosing the right temperature for your fridge freezer is crucial for your appliance’s functionality.
Also, the right temperature will keep your food safe and help retain its freshness. Below are the proper steps to set the temperature on a Bosch fridge freezer.
The first thing you need to do is to turn the temperature controller to the freezer compartment. Then keep pressing the sign button until you reach the required temperature suitable for what you want to store in the freezer.
This article will explain the ideal temperature for your Bosch fridge freezer depending on the foods you store.
Also, you will know which number on your temperature control is colder and some other setting you can use.
How Do You Set the Temperature for a Bosch Fridge Freezer?
Selecting the right setting for your freezer compartment is best because it shows you are practicing quality food safety standards in your home.
On that note, below are some steps to achieve this.
Switch on the set-up mode with the greater than (>) or less than (<) button. For example, to choose the freezer cabin, select (<).
After selecting the freezer compartment, you can set the right temperature with the sign button (+ or -).
The + sign is for selecting warmer temperatures, while the – sign is for colder temperatures.
After inputting the right temperature, let go of the button, and you are good to go.
Depending on the model of your Bosch refrigerator, it can display the off feature when it reaches the highest temperature. You can then switch off your appliance through the temperature setting.
Check the instruction manual if it is hard to locate the temperature button on your bosch model.
You can use the Bosch fridge freezer for the following:
- Preserving deep frozen foods
- Making ice cubes
- For freezing foods.
When storing your food in the freezer compartment, close the door properly.
If you leave the door open, the food will defrost, and thick ice will cover the cabin.
How Do You Know the Temperature of Your Bosch Fridge Freezer?
You can check the temperature of a refrigerator by putting a thermometer in the food or water stored in the compartment for about 24 hours.
Follow the procedures below to check your fridge temperature.
- Put a glass of water in the fridge and allow it to stay for a day.
- Put the thermometer into the water.
- If your thermometer is an instant-read, you will see your reading immediately. But you might have to check back in a few hours for other thermometers.
However, using a glass of water to determine the temperature of a freezer will not work. All you have to do is put the thermometer between the frozen foods in the freezer cabinet.
You can also put the thermometer in the ice cream. After 12 hours, you can check your reading.
Note that a fridge’s internal temperatures are different, so you might need to put the glass of water in different places.
What Is the Ideal Temperature for a Bosch Fridge Freezer?
The ideal temperature for a bosch fridge freezer is 0°F. But you can set the temperature of your freezer compartment to be between 3.2°F and -11°F.
However, it’s best to avoid setting your freezer temperature to the danger zone (40 to 140°F) because this zone accommodates bacteria growth, which can harm your health.
When installing your refrigerator, following the ambient temperature and ventilation are best.
Follow the climate class in the manual or check the rating plate of your fridge. The climate class shows the appliance’s minimum and maximum limit to operate appropriately.
The table below indicates the climate class and the temperature at which the refrigerator can operate.
|50°F to 89.6°F
|60.8°F to 89.6°F
|60.8°F to 100.4°F
|60.8°F to 109.4°F
However, you might notice fluctuations after setting the right temperature for your freezer.
Some days, it might come as cold as a frosty Arctic circle, while some days, it might be less cold, like a mild New York December. You don’t need to panic.
Here are some ways to make the temperature more steady.
#1. Clean the Condenser Coil
Your refrigerator condenser coil controls its temperature. Nevertheless, it will be hard for your freezer to be cold when it gets dirty.
Therefore, it’s best to clean your condenser coils thoroughly. Doing so will improve its functions, and your freezer will cool efficiently.
Regardless of how difficult it sounds, you can fix them with the steps below.
- Remove the refrigerator from the socket.
- Switch off the fridge circuit breaker.
- Turn off the appliance water supply.
- Remove the access panel from the unit.
- Use a bristle vacuum accessory to clean the condenser coils and remove all dirt.
- It is best to use a cloth to clean the interior parts that are not accessible by the vacuum, such as within the coils and behind the fridge.
- Plug the fridge back into the sockets.
- Switch on the water supply and the circuit breaker to the fridge.
- Then, monitor the temperature of the freezer.
It is advisable to clean your refrigerator condenser coils once or two times a year.
#2. Remove Obstruction From Evaporator Fan Motor
The evaporator fan motor removes the heat from the circulating air by breathing air over the evaporator coils.
So having a faulty evaporator fan motor can result in your freezer not working. How can you ensure the evaporator fan is working perfectly?
Here are some procedures you can follow to keep it in good condition.
- Unplug the fridge from the socket.
- Switch off the water supply and the circuit breaker to the refrigerator.
- Then remove the freezer shelves.
- Remove the back panel of the freezer to see the evaporator fan and check for any obstruction on the fan blades.
- You can use handheld touch to check out the blades thoroughly. Use your fingers to push the blades around.
If they move freely, they are good, but if they don’t, the bearing needs replacement.
- After removing all the barriers from your blades, plug the fridge into the socket.
- Switch on the circuit breaker and the water supply.
- Once your freezer is working, monitor the temperature to see if your freezer is now in good shape.
#3. Replace Your Compressor
If you want to get the most out of your refrigerator and avoid temperature fluctuation, it will always help to check your compressor.
A compressor cools the freezer, so your appliance will only cool your food correctly when its compressor is in good condition.
To fix a lousy compressor is simple; all you need to do is:
- Locate the compressor in your freezer. You will find it underneath your appliance near the back.
- Remove the back panel to see the compressor.
- Listen to the compressor sound. If it makes a clicking sound, but there is no cooling, that shows your compressor needs a replacement.
But if the temperature fluctuates after these steps, it’s best to call a professional.
Are the Higher Numbers on a Bosch Temperature Control Dial Colder?
The higher the number on the bosch temperature control dial, the colder your refrigerator will be. So, the highest number is the coldest setting.
The number on the fridge temperature dial indicates the refrigerant capacity. So, setting your refrigerator to number 5 will make it the coldest.
Also, both refrigerators have advanced settings: super cool and super freeze.
#1. Super Cool Setting
This setting will quickly lower the temperature of your refrigerator to 34°F for about two hours for a large amount of food or drink. Then after two hours, this setting will go off automatically.
You can use the super cool setting to simultaneously store a large amount of food for parties or large gatherings.
#2. Super Freeze Settings
This setting reduces the freezer temperature to -8°F for about six hours. After six hours, the super freeze feature will go off automatically.
Bosch recommends turning on this feature for hours before you go shopping so that when you are back, the freezer will be cold enough for all the frozen foods you purchase.
How to Set Super Settings
To set the super freeze feature,
- Use the temperature button to choose the freezer compartment.
- Press the super button. Then the super freeze indicator will radiate light.
To set the super cool feature,
- Select the refrigerator section by choosing the temperature button.
- Then click on the super button. The super cool indicator will radiate a light once it’s on.
How Long Does It Take a New Bosch Refrigerator to Get Cold?
It takes a new full-size refrigerator about 12 hours to get cold according to the FDA-recommended temperature of 40°F.
Will a Cold Setting Cause Freezer Burns?
No. Freezer burn occurs because you expose your food to air. To reduce freezer burns, put your food in air-tight containers.